Save the expense of hiring a professional moving service—the Uncle Bob's Fleet of Rental Trucks is the perfect solution for the do-it-yourself mover. While we reserve our trucks for our new customers moving into storage, we will rent them out for other things when they're not being used. Ask your Uncle Bob's Store Manager for details.
Features of the Truck
- Automatic transmission and power steering make our trucks easy to drive – much like driving a van.
- Air conditioning and heat for your comfort.
- Large cargo area lets you move up to two rooms of stuff plus appliances in a single trip.
- Roll-up rear door and pull-out ramp make loading and unloading easy on your back!
- Cargo tie-downs to secure your belongings while you drive. We also rent hand-trucks and moving blankets to assist with your move.
- Collision Damage Waiver is available because “stuff happens”. It saves you repair costs on the truck if there is an accident.
The fine print - isn't that always the case?
We're sorry to bog you down with all the rules, but we know you're likely stressed-out with your move and all, so bear with us while we make sure we're all on the same page:
- Rental Time Slot - Our team at the storage facility will provide you with a rental time slot. You'll need to pick up and return the Uncle Bob's Truck during those hours, or our next customer will be really mad! If you are late, we reserve the right to charge a late return fee and possibly an extra time slot.
- Gasoline – we'll have the gas tank full when you pick it up, all we ask is that you replace what you use before returning it. Remember, re-fueling fees are not your friend!
- Mileage – as with all vehicle rentals, we do charge a mileage fee, but people tell us we're less expensive than most!
- Accidents – nobody likes to think about it, but accidents do happen. If you get into an accident using our truck, you are responsible for any damage. With that said, be sure you review the safety precautions prior driving the truck!
Documents you'll need prior to renting the moving truck
Rules are rules, and Uncle Bob's takes them seriously! We can only rent to licensed drivers over the age of 21. The driver of the truck will need bring the following documents to complete the rental agreement:
- A current driver's license (sorry, a learner's permit won't cut it!)
- A valid insurance card in your name. If you don't have insurance, or cannot produce an insurance card, you'll need to take our Collision Damage Coverage at a nominal additional cost.
- A deposit by credit card or cash - please contact us for details.